Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tamashii to reveal at least two new S.H.MonsterArts items

News via .



To my surprise, we'll be getting at least two new S.H.MonsterArts reveals at SDCC. I figured since we found out about Biollante just a couple of weeks ago there wouldn't be anything to show, but I always seem to be wrong when I make that prediction. Fortunately, this is the sort of thing I'm happy to be wrong about.




The new 2014 Godzilla film seems to be building a fairly large presence at this year's SDCC, so that may be part of the reason Bandai/Tamashii is pushing S.H.MonsterArts.



The (at least) two new reveals will be a "Western character" and a "not kaiju," meaning, I assume, not a monster from the Godzilla, Gamera or King Kong universes. It could also mean an accessory pack of some sort.



My guesses after the jump.



POSSIBILITIES FOR WESTERN CHARACTER: I think the frontrunner is from the Peter Jackson King Kong, since Tamashii has shown a tendency to pair up heroes and villains in this line and we've already gotten Kong. However, other possibilities include:



* Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (I'm inclined to doubt this, unless they're hoping to tie it in with the movie's 30th(!!) anniversary next year)

* The Gillman from Creature from the Black Lagoon (a possibility, but one I'm less excited about since the announcement of )

* Clover from Cloverfield (you just kind of have to throw him in there, even though I hate the design)

* 1998 Godzilla (for reasons I can't fathom, he scored relatively high on a poll by Bluefin)



POSSIBILITIES FOR "NOT KAIJU": Tamashii has repeatedly shown from Evangelion for S.H.MonsterArts, so they're always a threat to be produced. Tamashii has made a couple of as part of their Robot Spirits line, so hopefully the Angels would be in scale with them (though from what I understand, scale isn't really a thing with many of the Angels).



Other possibilities include the exposed-muscle monster from , which is huge in Japan, or possibly an accessory pack of some sort (potential items: a new breath weapon for Godzilla '64, Destoroyah's breath weapon and horn slash effect, crushed buildings).
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment