Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dad's Collection: Aurora Monsters

The year was 1961. Aurora Released the Universal Monsters Frankenstein's Monster Model. My Dad, a young boy 6 years of age, was instantly drawn to this wonderful model. Back in the day if you wanted a cool Franky model you had to paint that sucker yourself, and that's exactly what my Dad did. He did a great job too, and he was only 6!



Soon after Dad brought Frank here to life Aurora released The Phantom of The Opera, duuuuuunnnnndundundundundun!




Gaaaaah! My hand!



The Phantom had a little accident and lost his hand and mask.



Pretty neat, huh! These are the only 2 models my dad has the pleasure of owning. I always keep my eyes wide open for , namely The Wolf Man,Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde, The Mummy, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Dracula, and The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment