Friday, August 23, 2013

BLOG -- Pre-Fan Expo Canada 2013 Excitement

Since Fan Expo is coming up this week, I thought I'd blog about the things I'm hoping to see and do while there. Normally, I'd set some sort of an itinerary the first day of the convention when I see the schedule, but the schedule is actually already available:



, I was all about the comic panels, Gillian Anderson, and William B. Davis (X-Files!) -- this year I'm all about vocaloids and (the Japanese voice actor for Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh, and Luka Megurine Vocaloid). And due to this focus, there were several panels I had to pass up on.




EVENTS / PANELS I'M HOPING TO ATTENDWORKSHOP - HOW TO PLOT ANY STORY IN UNDER AN HOUR -- I don't think I really need to attend this, but I'd like to attend at least one panel hosted by .



PUBLISHING YOUR OWN GAME -- I'm not sure what kind of game is being referred to here, but it might be interesting regardless.



COMIC BOOK LAW - WHAT CREATORS NEED TO KNOW -- This doesn't apply to me... but it's still worth knowing.



CRYPTON FUTURE MEDIA PRESENTS: HATSUNE MIKU PANEL -- I have to attend this!



DIRECT FROM JAPAN - YUU ASAKAWA, STAR OF VOCALOID -- I think this is a Q&A session with Yuu Asakawa. I gotta attend this as well.



VOICE ACTING 101 WITH BRAD SWAILE -- I might end up missing this, but hopefully not.



TAKAMASA SAKURAI: SPECIAL JAPANESE POP CULTURE PRESENTATION -- If he is also the Japanese Guest of Honour for Fan Expo, I might as well see what this is about.



EXCLUSIVE VOCALOID: HATSUNE MIKU LIVE PARTY CONCERT SCREENING -- I'm totally attending this. I mean, I did buy the separate admission for this.



I'm sure there are other events / panels, but those are all I see so far in the schedule.



EVENTS / PANELS I WISH TO ATTEND BUT PROBABLY CAN'TBASIC KICKSTARTING & CROWD FUNDING -- I don't think I need to attend this, but I'm curious.



TRIOS PRESENTS: SO YOU WANT TO BE A GAME DEVELOPER? -- It's not a secret that I have an interest in video games. And I won't lie -- I'd love to create a video game one day (in addition to my want to create and publish a text-based game one day).



AT LEAST ONE SKETCH DUEL -- This year, almost all the sketch duels are conflicting with something else. Hopefully I'll be able to attend at least one.



INSERT ANY OTHER EVENT I WANT TO ATTEND BUT CAN'T -- I'm sure there will be other events / panels I want to attend, but won't be able to. Actually, that will be the case. I just know it.



AUTOGRAPHS I'M HOPING TO GETYUU ASAKAWA -- I want her to sign one of my Azumanga Daioh DVDs, and hopefully an autograph board (I gotta find me one!)



BRAD SWAILE -- I totally love his voice-acting work as Rock from Black Lagoon and teen / adult Gohan from Dragon Ball Z.



MY SHOPPING LIST-Snazzy art from the artists alley. I don't have any set must-get DVDs or manga this year. Maybe The Legend of Korra Blu-Rays, if it's decently priced. I still haven't seen the series, but if it's as good as Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon series, then I know it'll be amazing. Maybe some video game artbooks, too.



Thanks for reading! To those planning to attend Fan Expo this year, what are you looking forward to?



By the way, NEXT WEEK'S BLOG WILL MOST LIKELY BE DELAYED. Just like last year, I'll need some time to recover from the walk / wait / excite-fest that is Fan Expo Canada. :)
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment