Saturday, February 1, 2014

BLOG -- Recap of January

I think it will be a given now that every month will be kind of hectic and busy in its own way. January was a super-cold month for me. Except for two hangouts, I was completely out of commission outside of going to work and going home. On the plus side, I did get to play a lot of online multiplayer of Call of Duty: Ghosts with my sister and a co-worker buddy.



By the way, Happy Lunar New Year! Depending on how the weekend goes, I may or may not do my weekly blog on Sunday.




OUTINGS/EVENTS IN JANUARY:- Celebrated a team-mate's birthday.



- Stayed over at my sister's place.



- Hung out with friends x2.



EXPOSURES:- (restaurant) PHILTHY MCNASTY'S -- This place was okay. Nothing special.



- (restaurant)



- (beer) APRICOT BEER -- The first swig was bitter! It tasted just like any other kind of beer. A couple more sips and the apricot taste came through. Then it was yummy.



FINISHED...WATCHING:- (Anime): VAMPIRE PRINCESS MIYU -- This series doesn't care about happy endings or making you feel good or fuzzy or anything like it -- it's all about destiny and whatever happens from that, happens. I know this is a pretty old series, but I find that uncaring attitude really refreshing. I hate the last couple of episodes, though.



- (Anime): POLYPHONICA -- I like the idea of this world very much. But then again, I tend to like music in many forms.



- (Anime): DUSK MAIDEN OF AMNESIA -- Loved it. I'm going to review it someday!



- (Anime): AIR: TV SERIES -- I think was too hyped up about the visual novel's greatness. While I found many aspects of it relatable and I really enjoyed the old storyline, it was a big letdown.



- (Anime Movie): THE GARDEN OF WORDS -- I have watched almost all of Makoto Shinkai's works to date (have not watched Children who Chase Lost Voices). I think this latest one is Shinkai's strongest piece. The animation and backgrounds are so beautiful, and the message behind it is really relatable. I can definitely relate.



- (Anime OVA): BLACK LAGOON: ROBERTA'S BLOOD TRAIL -- It was okay. I'm glad to see some questions from the first series answered here, but I don't know. I don't think this story was all that necessary. This seems like it was made just for the *cough*guy*cough* fans.



- (Anime OVA): AIR IN SUMMER -- It was okay.



PLAYING:- (PS2): SHADOW HEARTS -- Finally! I knew I only had about two more hours to beating this game. I just kept getting sidetracked. I don't know if I would ever replay it, but it was an enjoyable experience.



- (PS4): CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS -- Even though I'm still playing it, I'm going to consider it beaten since I prestiged one of my squad members.



READING:- Nothing this month.



CURRENTLY... PLAYING (NOT ALL AT ONCE):- (PS4): RESOGUN

- (PS3): BORDERLANDS 2

- (DS): LEGACY OF YS: BOOK I & II

- (3DS): SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV

- (3DS): MARIO'S PICROSS

- (PSP): PERSONA

- (PSP): CRUSH

- (Wii): FORTUNE STREET

- (PS2): ATELIER IRIS 2

- (PC): UNEPIC

- (PC): KING'S BOUNTY: THE LEGEND



WATCHING:- (TV Show): THE WALKING DEAD (Season 3)

- (Anime): YU YU HAKUSHO (don't remember)

- (Anime): SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (don't remember)

- (Anime): DRAGON BALL (Season 3 -- Episode 65)

- (Anime): K-ON! (Episode 1)



READING:- (Manga): JUDGE by Yoshiki Tonogai

- (Manga): MIDNIGHT SECRETARY by Tomu Ohmi (Volume 4)



That's it for January. I took a look at my photo gallery this month and all I found were the photos I took at the Apricot Tree. So here's another photo from there, plus a random Youtube video:



The Apricot Beer I had at The Apricot Tree.



"Kokoro no Senritsu" from the anime Tari Tari.

This version is performed by Animenz Piano sheets.

It's a very pretty song.



Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment or ask about any of my experiences / exposures (though I barely had any this month). Have a good weekend! :)
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment